I believe that all of us have within us the means to help ourselves, grow and feel more fulfilled. Unfortunately most of us get hurt and confused and may feel stuck and unable to make the most of our lives. Just as there are lots of different ways of becoming troubled and unhappy so there are lots of different therapeutic methods. My approach is based on building a working relationship. I believe that every client deserves to be respected and treated as a unique individual.
I have a degree in psychology and diplomas in counselling and hypnotherapy. I consider myself to belong to the humanistic school of therapists, strongly person-centred but willing to integrate skills and understanding from a wide spectrum of approaches.
- BA Psychology: Leicester University
- Diploma in Counselling: Sheffield Hallam University
- Post Qualification Professional Development Certificate: Psychological Health Sheffield
- Practitioner Certificate in Solution-focussed Hypno-psychotherapy and
- Counselling Skills: Central England College
- Practitioner Certificate in Ericksonian Hypnosis: Central England College
- Practitioner Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy: Central England College
- Practitioner Certificate in NLP Professional Coaching: Central England College
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy: Central England College
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma: National Council of Hypnotherapy
I am a participant in the Independent Practitioners Network (http://ipnetwork.org.uk/). This national organisation operates in small groups linked together in a system of peer review and validation. I am registered with CNHC – the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (http://cnhc.org.uk).
I am also a member of the National Council for Hypnotherapy (http://hypnotherapists.org.uk)
Since qualifying in 1999 I have had experience of working in a primary care GP practice, as a volunteer for Sheffield Mind and as a counsellor in a healthy living centre before setting up my private practice. I also work as a volunteer for SAIL, a local charity which offers long term counselling to adults who were sexually abused as children.
If you would like to know more about me and my work, contact me for an informal chat.